The Unnatural Protein Facility (UP Facility) at Oregon State University aims to give researchers full access to current non-canonical amino acid protein production capability for academic studies. The UP Facility is a non-profit facility and charges are limited to cover technician time and supplies needed for individually designed experiments.
Unnatural Protein Facility Goals:
- Provide research access to genetic code expansion technology.
- Maintain data-bases of genetic information, expression protocols, and ncAA-protein methodology.
- Centralize current technology to facilitate ncAA-protein research.
- Enable funding for basic research by assisting with necessary preliminary results using currently available ncAAs.
- Facilitate development of new ncAA-protein technology desired by the community.
- Train scientists on-site to harness ncAA-protein technology applicable to their research of interest.